Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jack and his baseball cap

Last night before going to Awana "Cubbies" (a Wed. night church program), Jack announced he wanted to wear his Gap baseball cap. He is quite proud of his appearance in it. I said, "that looks so nice, Jack," and he was instantly beaming. He feels like a "big kid" in it. So as we walked into the church, he said, "Mom, we have to be r-e-a-l-l-y quiet so I can surprise them with my hat." We were about to enter the classroom that held 6 other kids and 2 teachers. He was very quiet and not ready to enter. He took his hat off, then put it back on just so, and slowly crept into the room. Someone said, "I like your hat, Jack," and he was glowing. A girl there grabbed him by both hands and led him to a spot near her. She calls him "Jackie." LOL! I think he is trying to impress already!

No comments: