Sunday, February 21, 2010

A New Feathered Friend

Yoshi the parakeet! (Yoshi is a character on Mario games)

Jack had the big responsibility of holding him in the car on the way home

Mom and Jack love creatures, birds, critters.

This was the selection

So exciting to look a them all and choose one!

Well, we got a new bird on Friday~ our Pablo died last summer. Finally decided I'm up for the challenge of the cage cleaning again. It's worth it because I like the chirping and singing. Although our new Yoshi hasn't made a peep yet in his new home. What a wild goose chase~ he seemed to be having diarrhea, I called Petco and they said "birds don't show any signs of illness until it's pretty far gone." They advised we bring him right over and trade for a different one. I wondered if he was just nervous, but they said diarrhea is definitely a concern. So we brought him back, they looked him over, and decided yes~ he was just nervous!! Guess we have a Type A bird. Hahaha! Jack loves having him. There's just something about a pet, and birds can add a lot of joy with their singing (still waiting on that though). Yoshi is a character on Mario, who happens to be green, but Jack and Jason chose a periwinkle bird and decided to keep with that name.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Hope you enjoy your new bird!