Thursday, July 14, 2011

Barn swallows suck! But new haircuts don't....

We noticed some mud on our front porch a month or so ago, and soon realized we had barn swallows. After several attempts to hose down their nest, they just kept coming back every time. Swallows are a protected species (who knows why??), so once there were eggs in that next, we were not able to disturb it. Combine that with a vacation up north and you come home to a disaster!!!!!!!!!!! We will need a fire truck hose to get this cleaned up when they finally vacate. I will admit, the 3 little baby birds are cute. The mud, poop, and droppings are HORRIBLE. Of course, it's right on our front door (couldn't they have at least chosen the back?) Yeah, it's a lovely greeting to come to the Johnson Home.



On a brighter note, I was in dire need of a haircut. My hair was scraggly and wild. My sweet friend from church has a real expertise in hair. She made my day! Jack got a haircut today, too.

1 comment:

eliz said...

I hate barn swallows! I didn't know they were protected! I love your hair cut! (((HUGS)))