After a few weeks of re-grouping and getting back into our regular schedules, we have a little update!
Jack is back in swimming lessons every week! He's moved up a few courses and is swimming many laps with minimal breaks. We noted the Swim Team (which he hopes to do) swims 25 laps straight just for warm up! He actually gets red in the face even while in the pool. He loves it! He is also in an after-school course called "Builder's Workshop," where he is one of 25 kids building with Lego's, K'nex, and other building blocks. Tomorrow he starts voice lessons, as we and his music teacher have noticed he has an "exceptional singing voice." (Quote on his report card from his music teacher.) I say he IS going to be the "Next American Idol!"
Jason is busy at work at Wells Fargo and has an upcoming trip to sunny California. I'm hoping to figure out how to run the snow-blower before he leaves! I've started riding our exercise bike and have committed to getting back in shape! Both the endorphins and the exercise itself make for a great feeling. I'm working out on this for 30 minutes at least every other day. I'm also trying to organize our home and plan meals, so we can eat healthier.
We continue to have fond memories of the 3 Ukrainian children who stayed with us. They are being prayed for by the Johnson 3. Each one of them was special to us, although it became clear they needed to be the only children or the youngest children in their family. We know that God is faithful. We feel blessed that they were able to experience our love and we believe in faith that one day, they will be able to receive love again from their forever family. While here, they were able to have many fun experiences that they would not have otherwise had, plus another family helped them all get much-needed dental care and Seryozha got glasses.
Jack is back in swimming lessons every week! He's moved up a few courses and is swimming many laps with minimal breaks. We noted the Swim Team (which he hopes to do) swims 25 laps straight just for warm up! He actually gets red in the face even while in the pool. He loves it! He is also in an after-school course called "Builder's Workshop," where he is one of 25 kids building with Lego's, K'nex, and other building blocks. Tomorrow he starts voice lessons, as we and his music teacher have noticed he has an "exceptional singing voice." (Quote on his report card from his music teacher.) I say he IS going to be the "Next American Idol!"
Jason is busy at work at Wells Fargo and has an upcoming trip to sunny California. I'm hoping to figure out how to run the snow-blower before he leaves! I've started riding our exercise bike and have committed to getting back in shape! Both the endorphins and the exercise itself make for a great feeling. I'm working out on this for 30 minutes at least every other day. I'm also trying to organize our home and plan meals, so we can eat healthier.
We continue to have fond memories of the 3 Ukrainian children who stayed with us. They are being prayed for by the Johnson 3. Each one of them was special to us, although it became clear they needed to be the only children or the youngest children in their family. We know that God is faithful. We feel blessed that they were able to experience our love and we believe in faith that one day, they will be able to receive love again from their forever family. While here, they were able to have many fun experiences that they would not have otherwise had, plus another family helped them all get much-needed dental care and Seryozha got glasses.
Back to the Johnson 3

2 comments:
I just LOVE this newest family photo! Fabulous! --Diane
You are all so beautiful!! (((HUGS))) and prayers for your little guests to find a permanent home! God Bless!
Post a Comment