My family had a very nice memorial service today for my uncle Wayne, who passed away last Sunday. It was held at the Mount Olivet Retreat Center-- a gorgeous, peaceful spot on some land that my Grandpa actually grew up on. I really think Wayne would have liked it. It spoke so well of him and was healing for everyone I think. I got a lot of pics of the children; my cousin's kids. Plus there is another baby on the way in October! It was so refreshing to see the kids playing on the playground and we took a nature walk together on the beautiful trails. Wayne had such a giving, generous heart and was a blessing to our family. He would pass out King Size candy bars to the kids on Halloween, he gave to the local food shelves, and had a heart the size of Texas! (Alaska actually-- that is bigger than Texas.) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment