Friday, January 29, 2010

Teeth, teeth

I started having severe pain on my light lower wisdom tooth 3 days ago. Had similar problems in the past, usually due to getting food caught under the gum just above my partially-grown-in wisdom tooth, #32. I went to the dentist and was told it's pericoronitis, given vicodin and antibiotics and told to see an oral surgeon. Well, vicodin caused awful vomiting, sweats, and dizziness. In fact I started vomiting at the desk in the oral surgeon's office. Oral surgeon advised me having all 4 wisdom teeth out and I complied, too much pain to think about going through it again. Still on antibiotics and pain med changed to percocet (I can only tolerate 1/2 tab). So it's been a crazy week. Looking forward to solid food again. Jack is looking forward to having his Mama back again as I've been out of it and feeling crappy, painful to talk/swallow, etc. Jack and I had Spiderman Mac N Cheese and red Gatorade for lunch today. :) My pain, his gain I guess.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh gosh Lisa. I had wisdom teeth troubles too and it wasn't pretty. I'm sorry you are in pain but glad you won't have to deal with it again in the future! Hope you feel better quick! p.s. thank God for pain medication!