Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cancer: The Bad, and the Ugly-- not much Good

Jack and I last summer over the 4th of July up North at my Dad's, one of my very favorite holidays! Wondering if and when I'll be "her" again!
Me today, all puffy and "moon-faced" from Decadron and my lovely mohawk and balding head
Hair thinning and hair loss-- a sweet friend from church cut it for me; getting another wig soon.
How many 34-year-olds do you know on this many meds?
The medication I've loved to hate.....Decadron (a steroid)....awful side effects, weight gain, moon face, bone pain, muscle weakness, withdrawal, etc.
Me on the radiation table with my head bolted-down, a "fun" constricting mask. Can't even swallow with it on.
Ready for radiation- daily for 20 minutes for 30 treatments total (weekends off)


The thought came to me last night, after a worst day ever-- vomiting, headache, didn't get out of bed until 5pm: "God is Good even when Life is not." I thought I'd post some pics from this cancer journey, both for my recollection years down the road, and for others to see as much as possible what it is really like. God is seeing us through this pit. Now we see the light at the end of the tunnel! :) I have 5 treatments left since I missed yesterday's.

4 comments:

eliz said...

(((BIG HUGS)))

HollyMarie said...

Definitely big HUGS to you! What a road you're on. I'll be counting down the days with you.

Lisa said...

Thanks so much, ladies! I think it's actually 5 treatments left with the holiday weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what you are going through physically and emotionally BUT I have known you 34 years now and you are one of the BRAVEST women I know.
Looking ahead to God's goodness upon your life.
Sharilyn