Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jack's Daycare "Pre-K" Graduation!

Jack had his Pre-Kindergarten Graduation today at his daycare he's been attending part-time since he was about 2 years old. It was super cute, and of course they played a slide show with sad songs and read a poem that made this Mama get rather teary. We are so proud of our precious, confident, intelligent, well-adjusted,and adorable Jack (and we're not biased at all--LOL!)


Look at that handsome guy!
We used some great gift cards and had dinner at AppleBee's-- Jack had his first "kiddie cocktail" known only to him as "Cherry 7-Up."
My boys in their "handsome" shirts
Family shot: I keep telling myself I WILL get back to normal in my appearance.
Jack and his friend, Logan, and teachers
Jack is one of 3 Jacks in his class-- here he is with "Jack B."
One Happy Dude!
Jack and I at the pre-celebration at Applebee's.

Things I've been learning:

1. Jack is growing up WAY too quickly and we need to embrace each and every day. I think we try to do that.
2. Going through cancer is an emotional roller-coaster and I need to pace myself, give myself grace, and be OK with where I'm at right now.
3. Doing more things myself such as cleaning, cooking, and organizing (when I can) are helpful for me. Although brain radiation is very fatiguing.
4. Tomorrow is my LAST radiation treatment and we are celebrating! Lunch at Chili's, dinner at Red Lobster, etc.-- all courtesy of some very kind families from Jack's daycare and some neighbors who reached out to us in this way. SO GRATEFUL.

The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just great photos and I love the quote

eliz said...

Congratulations Jack!!!
I just love-love-LOVE the photo of Jack and his precious momma!! The picture portrays(sp) your loving bond, your beautiful smiles, and the family resemblance,(he looks like his momma!)is so touching! So inspiring! So much hope!!
(((HUG)))