Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good News!






What a journey we've been on! The Lord has seen us through every single day. We had been praying specifically for my total healing, as had many other family, friends, churches, etc. He has answered our prayers! I thought I'd review with a little timeline:

Jan. 5, 2006: Diagnosed with breast cancer.
Jan. 19, 2006: Surgery; lymph nodes all clear.
2006-2010: Healthy and no signs of recurrent disease.
March 18, 2010: Jason found me having a seizure and called 911. They found a mass in my brain and in my lungs. Brain biopsy showed a new, primary tumor, Anaplastic Astrocytoma grade 3. Lung biopsy showed metastatic breast cancer.
End of April-beginning of June 2010: Brain radiation every day except weekends.
July 7, 2010: First post-radiation brain MRI and CT.
July 9, 2010: Met with oncologist to review results. CT normal, no change in lung metastases. 2 new areas seen in brain and could be anything from scar tissue to swelling to old tumor or new tumor. Referred to neuro-oncologist.
July 13, 2010: Met with neuro-oncologist, who believed 2 new areas to be just scar tissue.
July 14, 2010: Had perfusion MRI.
July 18, 2010: Learned results looked GREAT! Areas in question were just reactionary to the radiation (scar tissue).

Praise the LORD! We continue to trust in Him for complete, continued healing. I will give Him ALL the glory every day of my life. Each day is a gift. Thank You, Lord!

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10).

I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done. (Psalm 118:7)

A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. (Psalm 34:19)

Don't ever doubt the greatness of our God! He is GOOD, ALL THE TIME. All the time, HE IS GOOD!


2 comments:

eliz said...

Such joyous news!! Praising God with you!
(((HUG)))

HollyMarie said...

Wonderful! Praising God with you!