Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Soccer Pics and Cancer Update





Jack has been enjoying soccer. Last night, we realized we goofed and missed his night which they changed (not good communication). So they let him play with the 2nd and 3rd grade boys. I was shocked that he was nearly the same size! He's quite confident, did a good job at playing goalie, and suggested in his imaginative way, "Let's pretend the balls are bombs." I think the age difference was more apparent to the 2nd and 3rd graders! ;) Although he did GREAT and is such a social, happy little pal.


Cancer Update: Saw Dr. Trusheim today, head of the Brain Tumor Center. He thinks the 2 new areas seen on my MRI are just damaged areas or reactive areas from the radiation. Praise the Lord!!! Brain tumors are his specialty, he said these areas don't look like tumor, but scar tissue or reactivity. He said that is a good thing for a tumor to be very reactive-- means the treatment has been working. He's seen a lot of these scans and is very experienced. I have to have a special "Perfusion MRI" tomorrow so they can tell with more certainty. The he wants me to start the oral chemo at 4x higher dose for one week a month. I can't wait to get the ball rolling!

2 comments:

eliz said...

Jack is too cute!! :o)
Wonderful news from your Dr!! Praying for your next test!
(((HUG)))

HollyMarie said...

Glad your doc gave you such good news! I love jack's comment about pretending the balls were bombs. :D