Friday, July 9, 2010

Recent Days

Us tonight: despite the inconclusive MRI report*, we went out for dinner at Major's with my Mom and Jack, and then I bought some new sandals (a little "retail therapy").



Great pic of Jack and Grandma

We got together the other night with my childhood friend, Amy, and her husband and adorable little guy, Jonathan. We went to the Rainforest Cafe and then a few rides at Nickelodeon Universe. It was so nice to see them!





*About the inconclusive MRI report: yesterday I had a CT and a Brain MRI. CT showed lung metastases from breast cancer completely unchanged! Brain MRI had 2 small areas of question, but overall much less swelling and tumor greatly reduced in size. I will need to have the MRI repeated at some interval for more conclusive evidence that the radiation worked. These areas could be swelling, scar tissue, new tumor, or remnants of old tumor the body hasn't absorbed yet. They still plan on me taking a 4x higher dose of Temodar (oral chemo) for 6-8 months. I see Dr. Trusheim (brain tumor specialist) next week to discuss all of this.

1 comment:

eliz said...

prayers continue!
(((HUG)))
E