Monday, August 2, 2010

Sweet Jack

2 recent stories that melted my heart:

Tonight I was laying on the couch with my hat/cap on. Jack sweetly came right up to my face, gently took off the hat and set it aside. He said, "you don't need that, Mama. Your hair is coming back and we are home anyways." I successfully hid the tears.

Last week Jack wanted me to read him a book that was mine as a child. We've read it before and he requested it again at bedtime. It talks about the "fruit of the Holy Spirit." Such things as gentleness, patience, self-control, etc. He asked me so innocently, "How do you know it's from the Holy Spirit?" I was speechless and said, "Good question, Jack, good question." He has such a tender heart and he is so perceptive of things, it just amazes me. God has wonderful plans for him, indeed.

4 comments:

BettysBanter said...

Awesome Lisa Awesome...Sounds like the Holy Spirit is already at work in sweet Jack!.... Out of the mouths of babes!

Diane said...

Oh Lisa, those stories gave me tears too. What a sweet boy you have. And what a blessing to have quiet moments at home talking about the Holy Spirit.

Marcia said...

God is already using him that's for sure. What a sweetie!
Love you all!

eliz said...

Aaaaw, I am crying tears of joy with you. Jack is a gift from God!
(((HUGS))))