Well, things have been a little crazy for the Johnson 3 lately, as I had major surgery in Rochester/Mayo on 10/21. Praise the LORD, that went very well and I have recovered quickly. We're so blessed to be surrounded with loving friends, neighbors, church. My Bible Study ladies brought meals three days a week for 2 weeks. Our neighbors helped with Jack, and a couple-friend of ours took Rolie for several nights. We have received an out-pouring of blessings during this difficult time. The meals, cards, flowers, and gifts have brought us a lot of joy. Also, my wonderful Aunt Linda quilted me a bag that I use for my Bible Study. Thank you to everyone who thought of us, prayed for us, and supported us! It means more than you will ever know!
Incredible bouquet I received in the hospital from my Aunt and Uncle, Doug and Sharilyn, and also cousins Trav and Nicole and their 2 cuties.
*****************************************************************************************************************
Next up was Halloween. I took Jack trick-or-treating with his best friend at their neighborhood in Inver Grove Heights on 10/31. He was Waluigi from Super Mario Bros. Don't suppose the mustache was part of the appeal, do you?! Rosemount also has a "Haunted Trail" they do every year the weekend before Halloween. Our awesome neighbors Bryan and Alison had us and another family over for dinner-- amazing "Drunken Chicken!" It was made with shaved chicken, butter and Rum boiled off in the crock pot, plus some brown sugar. Served on fresh white rolls. Then they took Jack to the Haunted Trail for us, as I was not up to standing in line for the 1+ hour wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment