Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunny Sunday at the Pumpkin Patch

The Johnson 3 had a wonderful Sunday! We went to a nearby pumpkin patch we've driven by so many times and I've always wanted to stop there. It was a quaint little place run by one man, Kevin. His dog, Chase, was a gorgeous yellow lab and the most gentle and friendly thing ever. He came right up to our car and for a minute, I thought he was going to come right in! Then came the questions from Jack about "why can't we get a big dog like that?" (Well, the shedding, the big poop, etc. convinced him why we like lap-dogs.) I made a little scavenger hunt for Jack: he was to find the biggest pumpkin, the smallest pumpkin, and the craziest gourd. He sure did! We got a gourd with spikes all over it, another that looks like it is covered in warts, several white pumpkins, and of course, the perfect pumpkin to carve! Also some mixed berry jam, a zucchini, and a tomato. All home-grown. After that, we picked up Jason's Grandma Johnson and took her to CiCi's Pizza (her fave AND Jack's fave!)










No comments: