Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Our July 4th Vacation!


We had another incredible, HOT time up north for the FOURTH at my Dad's place!  This year, we enjoyed a lovely family reunion, which was a  memory we'll never forget.  It was a BLAST to catch up with everyone!  My Dad was the gracious host and provided the ever-loved broasted chicken from the Dorset Cafe.  Everyone else brought items such as potato salad, rhubarb cake, brownies, confetti salad, watermelon, etc.  So much fun to see everyone. 










Of course we went fishing!  Jason, Jack, and I all caught several fish.....which led to a phenomenal FISH FRY on the FOURTH!  This is a highlight for Jason and Jack!  As Jack said in 1st grade, his favorite food is "a fish fry with the fish I caught!"











We went to the Leech Lake Beach in Walker and this year, Jack took the big PLUNGE off of the end of the dock!  He was brave to swim so well in a lake, since he's mostly a pool guy!  We also enjoyed bubblegum ice cream (Jack and I).  The guys went to REED'S SPORTING GOODS and my Mom and I went to MAINSTREAM, where I purchased a warm coat in the 105 degree heat index!  Ha ha.  (Hey, the best time to buy is when they are on sale!)...











 On July 3rd, Jason and I had a special DATE in Walker at the "Chase on the Lake" restaurant!  We were in the nice, cool AIR CONDITIONING and had a wonderful view of the Leech Lake Marina.  We ate their Philly Cheese Sandwich and were able to watch a SEAPLANE fly around and then dock on the wharf.  We are considering riding in that seaplane on a future visit for yet another adventure!









Unfortunately, I ended up with an unwanted "adventure" in the the Park Rapids EMERGENCY ROOM for STREP THROAT, so I missed the rest of the events such as the parade and the fireworks were rained out.  So, we watched the Boston Pops Fourth of July Special, which was entertaining and relaxing!  A few more pictures are to follow.  ** Jack got his very first SHOT GUN at Reed's Sporting Goods.  After several lessons on gun safety, he is now the proud owner of a real shot gun!  Jason got his first shot gun also and my two special guys are going to go SKEET SHOOTING this summer! 













'Till next time.......



1 comment:

eliz said...

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the pictures!! Jack is growing so big! so cute! Thank You for sharing! You are still in our thoughts and prayers! Happy be-lated birthday! You look beautiful! You have such a beautiful family! (((HUGS)))
The Archers in St Cloud