Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer and September 2012

Dear Family and Friends,


Sorry that I've been a SLACKER at our blog lately!  The rest of the summer flew by as it usually does.


We had a wonderful experience with a Chinese EXCHANGE STUDENT named "Tyler."  We hosted him in our home for ten days, then he went with his group of classmates for short trips to other destinations in the USA.  We were the only "family experience" for him to experience American life.  He got to see Boston, NYC, Washington DC, Philadelphia, San Fransisco, and Los Angeles.  For him, it was the trip of a lifetime!  For us, it was an experience we will never forget!  He was sweet, kind, polite, and wanted to help around the house.  Jack adored him and there were many tears on our part (and a few on his) when it was time to say good-bye.  Due to Chinese law, we cannot post any pictures of him on the internet.


On to the rest of the summer!  Sports for Jack (SOCCER and FLAG FOOTBALL) and playing with his friends sums it up!  We got a new DOG, too!  Her name is Lily (she already knew her name so we didn't change it), she is a Shih Tzu, and we think she's pretty darn adorable.  She was house-trained and was 1 year old when we "adopted" her from a rescue.  She came from a frat house, and when school let out, she needed a permanent home.  We weren't exactly "looking" for a dog,.......BUT......she was meant to be!  She's been quite a blessing and Jack has a lot of fun with her!  She is still very much a puppy and her antics evoke lots of laughter in our home.


Jack just started 2nd Grade and LOVES it!  He looks forward to school every day and comes home with new things he's learned, new friends to talk about, etc.  He's involved with Junior Bible Quiz at our church, so has memorizing Bible verses and facts in addition to homework and flag football.  This week is his 8th Birthday, which is unbelievable to us!  What an incredibly special son we've been blessed with.  He loves Science and Math, and still wants to be "a scientist or a pastor" when he grows up.


This Fall has also brought some sad changes for us.  My precious Grandpa Bobby passed away a few days ago and his absence has left a huge VOID for our family.  He had gifted me his RED Ford Taurus, so every time I drive it, I have bittersweet memories of him.  He was a wonderful man and is irreplaceable.....  I am missing him so much already.

The other change is that after my most recent trip to the Mayo Clinic, I've been advised to take Tamoxifen (an oral breast cancer drug) to help treat a nodule in my right lung.  I posted this on my Caringbridge website.  We REFUSE to let this drag us down, and we CONTINUE to trust in the Lord for His promises for healing.  Thankfully, I'm tolerating this medication so far and the area being treated is very small.  Of course, I wish it wasn't there at all, but I will continue to fight this beast called breast cancer with my family's help, the Word of God, and your prayers.


Love,

The Johnson 3


www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisajohnson5

No comments: